Friday, January 9, 2009

Better late than never.

About two weeks ago I finally decided to get a current gen console. With the recent price drop and the new Jasper revisions starting to show up I finally got around to getting an Xbox 360. So far I have to say it is really nice. Over the course of a week I managed to get a few extra games for it so here are some random thoughts on what I got.

Sega Superstars Tennis(came with the system):
This is pretty meh.

Xbox live arcade(came with the system):
Pac-Man CE and Luxor 2 are fun to mess around with. Although the Marble Blast Ultra Demo makes me wish it was the full game.

Dead Rising:
This game is a blast to play whether it's suplexing a zombie or driving over them with a lawn mower. The save system is not as bad as I thought it was going to be and there are times when there is some command overlap. For example, when trying to make a quick escape up the elevator Frank has the habit of dropping a perfectly good katana and picking up a hand a zombie dropped instead of pushing the elevator button. Also, Otis needs to die in a fire.

The Orange Box:
Having never finished Half-Life 2 on the PC I decided to get this so I could finish it and also play episodes 1 & 2 as well as Portal. There is fun to be had here.

Dead Space:
Game is fun and it is pretty atomspheric. Playing around with kinesis is fun also.

Lost Planet:
I haven't gotten very far in it yet, but the grappling hook mechanic makes me want to play the new Bionic Commando game coming out.

Gears of War:
It has pretty graphics and Bender from Futurama as the main character.

No comments: